Special Prizes for Open Led Section
1. Best Prepared Steer
2. Best Presented Parader
Judged Thursday 18th May 2017
Adelle Rule Perpetual Trophy
Champion School Carcass
Perpetual Trophy awarded to the highest point scoring carcass from a school.
Jan Doherty Shield
Best Maintained School
In memory of Jan Doherty this shield commemorates the significant contribution made by John and his late wife Jan for their continuous support to the kids that participate at Wingham Beef Week.
The Bootoowa Pastoral Company Beef Appreciation Competition
Please see the Beef Appreciation Competition page for details.
The Hobbs Encouragement Award
This competition is open to all schools excluding Wingham High School.
In this Competition, competitors will be interviewed by a panel about their knowledge of, commitment to and aspirations for their Agricultural future and about their involvement in Agriculture at their school and the contribution that they make to the subject.
Teachers are asked to nominate one student from their Ag Show Team, who is an “All Rounder” a “stand out team player” not only at shows but throughout the whole year.
A thank you letter for Mr Hobbs would be appreciated to be handed to the panel on the day of the interview from the nominated Student. (can be hand written or typed)
Teachers need to consider the following criteria when nominating a student for the award;
- Is a person who provides leadership at the school farm and in show team activities.
- Is a person who contributes in many ways to the day to day running of the farm/show team.
- Is a person who has pride in themselves and their school farm/show team.
- Is a person who shows a genuine interest in working as part of the show team or at the school farm.
- Is a person who is involved in a variety of activities at the school farm and show team.
An overall winner and runner ups will be chosen and each will receive a cash prize, trophy, t-shirt and cap.